When changes occur to a purchase order—such as changes in the quantity, delivery date, or scope of work—you must submit a change order request. You must also submit a change order request if there’s a change in price that’s equal to or greater than 10 percent of the initial purchase order.
checkSolution 1: Submit a change order
Access the Change or Liquidation Request Form.
- Your name, department, phone number, and email address will be prefilled. Please verify that this information is correct and enter your phone number if it is not already populated.
- If you are completing the form on behalf of someone else, check the box “If you are not the originator of the document, click here,” which will prompt you to enter the requestor’s name.
Select PO Change to prompt the What is Being Changed section to appear.
Complete the What is Being Changed section.
- Enter the purchase order number and supplier name.
- For document text changes, check the box and add the new information in the new document field
- Select if the supplier should receive the updated purchase order by checking the box.
- Enter the information that has changed from the original purchase order.
- For changes in description, quantity, or unit price, click on add and enter the current information and then enter the new information. Hit apply after entering all the information.
- For line changes, enter the line number you would like to change, or select add to Insert Additional Lines. Hit apply after entering all the information.
- For index or account distribution changes click on add and then enter the required accounting information. Hit apply after entering all the information.
- Attach any supporting documentation in the attachments section by selecting add and hit apply after entering all the information.
Click on Submit.